Skip to main content

GREAT GATSBY CHAPTER 7 NOTES

Guiding questions:
1. Gatsby stopped having parties because he has no purpose anymore. The only reason he threw them was to lure Daisy, but now that the have a relationship he doesn't need to throw anymore parties.
2. Gatsby fires his regular staff because they are locals and he fears that they will gossip. He hires new staff recommended by Meyer Wolfsheim.
3. Daisy seems laid back and chill and seems to have no interest in her child. In the other hand Gatsby is very surprised. His dream was to marry Daisy and have a family with her and now Daisy came out with Tom's child and is kind of heartbroken.
4. During the outing to New York Daisy decides that they all (Gatsby, Tom, Daisy, Jordan and Nick) should get together at the Biltmore Hotel. While there, Tom gets mad when Gatsby calls him "old sport" and Tom starts yelling out and reveals all of Gatsby's illegal life that Tom has been researching.
5. Daisy ran over Myrtle Wilson
6. At the end of the chapter Tom and Daisy were sitting at the kitchen table with cold fried chicken between them. Daisy is allowing Tom and Gatsby to fight for her and forgot what she did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

current situation

Tonight I just found out that there's been a change about students grades. I haven't been caught up in this class at all. It is 100% my fault. I've been focusing more on my other classes because they've been giving out lots of assignments and it's a little hard to keep track of each class. But i'm working on it. I would like to finish all the things I haven't done. It's a little hard because our grade for English isn't visible on aeries so its hard to keep track as to where i'm at academically.

ARGUE THIS

Syllogism: An instance of a form of reasoning in which a conclusion is drawn from two given or assumed propositions, each of which shares a term with the conclusion. My big question is what makes you smile, everyone smiles, therefore everyone has a reason to smile. And I would like to know.