Skip to main content

GREAT GATSBY CHAPTER 7 NOTES

Guiding questions:
1. Gatsby stopped having parties because he has no purpose anymore. The only reason he threw them was to lure Daisy, but now that the have a relationship he doesn't need to throw anymore parties.
2. Gatsby fires his regular staff because they are locals and he fears that they will gossip. He hires new staff recommended by Meyer Wolfsheim.
3. Daisy seems laid back and chill and seems to have no interest in her child. In the other hand Gatsby is very surprised. His dream was to marry Daisy and have a family with her and now Daisy came out with Tom's child and is kind of heartbroken.
4. During the outing to New York Daisy decides that they all (Gatsby, Tom, Daisy, Jordan and Nick) should get together at the Biltmore Hotel. While there, Tom gets mad when Gatsby calls him "old sport" and Tom starts yelling out and reveals all of Gatsby's illegal life that Tom has been researching.
5. Daisy ran over Myrtle Wilson
6. At the end of the chapter Tom and Daisy were sitting at the kitchen table with cold fried chicken between them. Daisy is allowing Tom and Gatsby to fight for her and forgot what she did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ON SELF-RELIANCE PART 3

The author reflects back many times. It's hard to say something is good without something to compare it too. Be good and do good. People feel like their good deeds are somehow covering for their bad deeds. If you're a good person you don't need to show that you're a good person to look like a good person in other eyes because you are a good person. Its better to stay true in what you know and live your life even thought people are always going to have a different opinion. You're more powerful to live as to who you are. Whatever you tend to become you become used to wear it and optimize it. Intelligent people can get upset and later get over it, but when worthy people get upset you got to find a way to do it smart and not throw and tantrum. You can be truthful and people can still disagree and later become arguments which can later find the truth.

MY LEARNING FALL AND RISE

     When I first walked into my second class on the first day of school I was very scared because you never know what to expect when you do. You always think to yourself, "I wonder who's in my class", or maybe "Is my teacher going to be nice and chill". And when I walked in I was nervous because I couldn't find a seat so I had to dig myself through filled seats and sit in the back. Once I sat down I was calm and I payed attention to Dr.Preston. He was very nice. Super chill. And I was very surprised because both my second and third period teachers cursed. I was surprised because I'm not used to teachers cursing. But it does give you a different perspective on teachers. Once I heard Dr.Preston curse I knew he wasn't going to treat us like kids. He was going to be realistic with us and wasn't gonna treat us differently based on the way we work. I knew he was gonna think of us as independent individuals and was gonna let us make our own choices. I