Skip to main content

WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT GATSBY

1. I think Gatsby is an okay person. He has those secrets that make him a little bad, but his integrity isn't gone, he still has love to give and he is nice to the people who respect him.
2.Nick is not honest with himself. I think he hangs out with dishonest people because he himself is dishonest and he liked to know he's not the only one. He seeks relationships with them because he doesn't think they're bad people.
3.I think this means that Tom and Daisy have done so much together. But the only reason they stayed together was because she thought that the "Buchanan" name was too valuable. They were selfish and didn't care what so ever. They didn't know what consequences were. They did what they did and went back to their lavish lives and forgot about it. I agree.
4. I do understand Daisy's behavior. But I do not agree with her choices, she chooses wealth and materialism instead of life and love. She is not a person I would let my son/friend/brother date.
5. I think this means that they go back to their normal lives before any of this happened. Although there was a couple of problems at the end they shall forget and move on. It relates to the book because its the way the book started. When everyone was living their normal lives before things started to escalate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ON SELF-RELIANCE PART 3

The author reflects back many times. It's hard to say something is good without something to compare it too. Be good and do good. People feel like their good deeds are somehow covering for their bad deeds. If you're a good person you don't need to show that you're a good person to look like a good person in other eyes because you are a good person. Its better to stay true in what you know and live your life even thought people are always going to have a different opinion. You're more powerful to live as to who you are. Whatever you tend to become you become used to wear it and optimize it. Intelligent people can get upset and later get over it, but when worthy people get upset you got to find a way to do it smart and not throw and tantrum. You can be truthful and people can still disagree and later become arguments which can later find the truth.

MY LEARNING FALL AND RISE

     When I first walked into my second class on the first day of school I was very scared because you never know what to expect when you do. You always think to yourself, "I wonder who's in my class", or maybe "Is my teacher going to be nice and chill". And when I walked in I was nervous because I couldn't find a seat so I had to dig myself through filled seats and sit in the back. Once I sat down I was calm and I payed attention to Dr.Preston. He was very nice. Super chill. And I was very surprised because both my second and third period teachers cursed. I was surprised because I'm not used to teachers cursing. But it does give you a different perspective on teachers. Once I heard Dr.Preston curse I knew he wasn't going to treat us like kids. He was going to be realistic with us and wasn't gonna treat us differently based on the way we work. I knew he was gonna think of us as independent individuals and was gonna let us make our own choices. I